Dongo NEWS's user profile page. Match highlights, posts and more on site!

“”

 Report User

Highlights

Fans 'best behaviour' call for Chester v Wrexham derby
Fans 'best behaviour' call for Chester v Wrexham derby

Football fans at Wednesday's Chester against Wrexham cross-border derby have been urged to be on "their best behaviour".The National League game at Chester's Deva Stadium is the first since 2013 where visiting fans do not have to use club-approved travel for derby matches.Both clubs, Cheshire Police and North Wales Police campaigned for away fans to be able to travel independently."I would like to urge both sets of fans to be on their best behaviour for this fixture," said North Wales Police and Crime Commissioner Arfon Jones."I was always of the view that there was no need for travel restrictions on the match and I had made both Cheshire and North Wales Police aware of my views."I am pleased to say that the supporters of both Wrexham and Chester have justified my confidence in them and shown that these games can be played in an atmosphere of friendly rivalry."Those fans need to be aware though that if trouble kicks off in Chester then we could see the re-imposition of bubble restrictions for the foreseeable future which would again spoil our enjoyment of the closest international rivalry in British club football." The rivalry was classified as a so-called 'bubble game' where away fans had to travel to derby matches on designated transport, usually club coaches, from specific pick-up points although the two clubs are just 14 miles apart.But Mr Jones, a Wrexham season-ticket holder, thinks Wednesday night's televised game should have been a midday weekend fixture for "public safety"."Whilst I am pleased that normal policing arrangements are in place for this game, it would have been better if the match was played at 12 noon on a Saturday or Sunday and not in the evening.TV rights should not take precedence over public safety." The Wrexham and Chester rivalry stretches back to the first league game in 1931 and Mr Jones hopes the "vibrant and passionate atmosphere" will continue after January's game in Chester passed without incident."As long as it remains good-natured that is the best way to ensure that matches between the two clubs can take place with independent travel to and from games," he said."That will in turn ensure that as many supporters as possible can enjoy the special atmosphere that local derbies create." "If things go well again then hopefully the fixture will continue to take place under normal conditions which will be a great result for both clubs and both sets of fans.



Chester FC could have players back for Wrexham AFC clash
Chester FC could have players back for Wrexham AFC clash

Chester FC boss Marcus Bignot could be boosted by the return of some of his key first-team players for tonight’s highly-anticipated cross-border derby with Wrexham (7.45pm kick off).Chester were down to the bare bones for the trip to Eastleigh at the weekend, although they showed their steel to battle back from two goals down to earn a 2-2 draw in Hampshire .Tom Shaw, Craig Mahon, Paul Turnbull, Offrande Zanzala, Alex Lynch and John McCombe all missed the visit to the Silverlake Stadium, but some may come back into contention for this evening.But in the case of Shaw and Mahon, the derby will come too soon for them to make a comeback.“We’ve had a few more bodies out (in training),” said Bignot.“In terms of who we will select (for Wrexham) and what system we’ll play will be based on the group we have to work with.” Turnbull picked up a niggling calf injury late last week while Lynch was feeling the effects of picking up a late knock at Maidstone United when attempting to punch a cross clear.Should Lynch fail to recover in time then Conor Mitchell could deputise once more, while new signing Nathan Vaughan may come into the reckoning.Zanzala was suffering from a bug and was ordered to stay clear of the squad for 48 hours in the build up to Eastleigh, but he was training with the team and back amongst it so should come into contention for a place in the squad.



Man Utd news: Mesut Ozil interest cooled after financial demands put off club
Man Utd news: Mesut Ozil interest cooled after financial demands put off club

They have been put off the Germany midfielder by the financial package involved. Ozil, 29, is on £215k a week at Arsenal and is looking for an increase on that, which would see him take home nearly as much as United’s top-earning players Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku. And while Ozil is out of contract at the end of the campaign, United believe his advisers would seek a £10million signing-on fee as a free agent. United, of course, could afford to stump up that amount. Man Utd news: Mesut Ozil interest cooled after financial demands put off club - EXCLUSIVE MANCHESTER UNITED have cooled their interest in Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil. 2 By Paul Hetherington / Published 5th November 2017 Mesut OzilGETTY Mesut Ozil wants to join Manchester United They have been put off the Germany midfielder by the financial package involved. Ozil, 29, is on £215k a week at Arsenal and is looking for an increase on that, which would see him take home nearly as much as United’s top-earning players Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku. And while Ozil is out of contract at the end of the campaign, United believe his advisers would seek a £10million signing-on fee as a free agent. United, of course, could afford to stump up that amount. Mesut Ozil's club at the end of the January transfer window: Latest odds WHERE will Mesut Ozil be after the January transfer window? 1 / 9 Paris St-Germain - 25/1GETTY Paris St-Germain - 25/1 Paris St-Germain - 25/1 Barcelona - 20/1 Manchester City - 16/1 Real Madrid - 16/1 Borussia Dortmund - 12/1 Bayern Munich - 10/1 Manchester United - 5/1 Leon Osman: Ozil leaving Arsenal would benefit Wilshere Play Video And boss Jose Mourinho is already a fan of World Cup-winner Ozil, after working with him at Real Madrid. But the moneymen at Old Trafford think the deal is a bit rich – unless the Arsenal man is prepared to lower his demands. In the meantime, Ozil appears to be no closer to agreeing a new contract at The Emirates.



Arsenal in triple injury boost with Mesut Ozil, Danny Welbeck and Francis Coquelin back for Watford
Arsenal in triple injury boost with Mesut Ozil, Danny Welbeck and Francis Coquelin back for Watford

ARSENAL are set to welcome back trio Mesut Ozil, Danny Welbeck and Francis Coquelin from injury. Football.London report all three will be fit and available to boss Arsene Wenger for the Gunners trip to Vicarage Road to face Watford after the international break. After poor start to the season, Arsenal have fought back and are unbeaten in all competitions since the Anfield humiliation in August. Contract rebel Ozil, will return to first-team training next week after recovering from a knee injury. Coquelin has been out of action since limping off against Bournemouth with a hamstring problem, 15 minutes after coming on as a second half sub. And Danny Welbeck is due to return to full training on Monday having recovered from the groin strain he suffered late on during the 0-0 draw at Chelsea. Laurent Koscielny is targeting a return for the Watford game, but is not yet ready to join up with his team-mates due to his troublesome Achilles problem. Arsenal will be looking to make up ground on the Manchester clubs by beating Watford. The Hornets shocked the Gunners at the Emirates last season winning 2-1, but Arsenal are unbeaten in their last five trips to Hertfordshire in all competitions.




« Previous


User Detail Page

You can find user latest posts and related content on the page. Friends, comments for events / matches are also available on the page. Even you can find users who are same pleasure with current user.

#Travel, #SupportYourTeam, #AllAboutSports