After the controversial race in Belgium, F1 will head to Zandvoort for the second race of the triple header. This happens to be Red Bull driver Max Verstappen’s home grand prix and as one of the few drivers to have driven around this track in an F1 car, some have suggested that this will give him an edge over the others during F1’s first foray to this track. He has now given his thoughts on this in the team’s official preview for the Dutch Grand Prix Link to poll: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgwYV5C740_9yFTwbSJ4AaABCQ 0:00 - Will Verstappen’s Prior Experience Be An Advantage At Zandvoort? 1:51 - Fast Feed I'm your host Tyler and first up on Formula World: Will Verstappen’s Prior Experience Be An Advantage At Zandvoort? Max started off by explaining why he is looking forward to the Dutch GP “I'm really looking forward to the race at Zandvoort. It will be special to have a race in the Netherlands in front of my home crowd but also as a driver it’s a good challenge to go to a new circuit and find the limit in an F1 car” He then analyzed the unique challenges Zandvoort will present “It might be a little hard to overtake on but for single lap performance I think it’s going to be rewarding. The qualifying laps will be very quick there so any mistakes will be really costly. After the race was cancelled last year, this year will be even more special and of course it would be amazing to win on another home circuit in front of the Orange Army” He then looked back to the time he raced here in Formula 3 “I’ve only done one race at Zandvoort and it was in a Formula 3 car. At that time, I was known as ‘the son of’ but it’s going to be the other way around now [laughs]. The track has of course changed since then, with a few corners adjusted” He signed off by speaking about having some experience of this track in an F1 car “Already in the F3 car, the corners were really enjoyable and they were pretty fast so I’m excited to race again in the F1 car with even more grip. I’ve also been there a few times with Red Bull for show runs in an old f1 car, so I have driven a few laps on the updated track in an F1 car which could be useful on the first few laps” Fast Feed FIA president Jean Todt has accepted that “this year's Belgian Grand Prix presented extraordinary challenges to the FIA Formula One world championship” [FIA Statement] “The FIA together with Formula 1 and the teams will carefully review the regulations to see what can be learned and improved for the future” “The findings, including the topic of points allocation, will be added to the agenda of the next F1 Commission meeting on October 5” McLaren’s Daniel Ricciardo has pointed out that Eau Rouge is “still the same cool corner as before with the same lines, depression and crest” [Autosport] “It would be a real shame if we lost this corner, but with the amount of accidents we’ve had there lately, we have to do something” McLaren’s Lando Norris feels “bad for the team and disappointed in [himself]” when looking back at his crash from Q3 in Belgium [Motorsport Total] “It was my mistake, I was the one who drove. And others didn't spin off”, Norris accepted He, however, pointed out that he “said there should be a red flag, Seb [Vettel] said the same thing. Since the conditions were even worse than on Sunday, it was the wrong decision to continue” FIA race director Michael Masi has revealed that he “spoke to a number of drivers [on Saturday] night to get their feedback and they gave [him] some very constructive feedback” [Racing News 365] “So yes, hindsight's an amazing thing. And based on what they told me, having experienced the conditions at this circuit and all of the rest of it, we probably wouldn't have started [Q3]” “But that's also a benefit of hindsight with them having driven on this circuit in those conditions, because each circuit is a bit different to the way the water comes off, with the way the tyres react” AlphaTauri’s Pierre Gasly has stated that he didn’t “feel like [he] deserved any points for what [he’s] done. [He] just followed the safety car” [The Racer] “I didn’t crash in the laps to the grid, but that’s the only thing I’ve done! I don’t know if we deserved any points”, Gasly added “Unfortunately, I don’t think there was any other option possible because the visibility was so bad in the pack”, Gasly surmised [Motorsport] Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz pointed out that “it's been difficult years with COVID. Last year there were no spectators, this year you come to Spa and the grandstands are almost full” [Motorsport Total] “It would have been great to give them a show. I don't see any other solution than to give them two races next year or something”, Sainz stated Will holding two races at Spa next year be a fitting compensation for this year’s controversial race?