Argentina coach Lionel Scaloni: I have not talked to Sergio Aguero about return by @News Sport 24/7 - Post Details

Argentina coach Lionel Scaloni: I have not talked to Sergio Aguero about return

FacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmail Argentina's interim coach Lionel Scaloni says he has not contacted Sergio Aguero to discuss a possible return to the national team despite the Manchester City striker's excellent start to the season. Aguero, the second leading scorer in the Premier League with five goals, played for Argentina at this summer's World Cup in Russia but did not feature in two friendlies last month: a 3-0 win over Guatemala in Los Angeles and a 0-0 draw with Colombia in New York. The 30-year-old will not be in the squad for the game against Iraq on Oct. 11, or the clash vs. Brazil five days later, both being played in Saudi Arabia. Scaloni, who has made a point to call up young players since replacing former coach Jorge Sampaoli, has spoken to veterans Angel Di Maria and Ever Banega to explain his decision not to include them in the squad, yet has not done the same with Aguero.Fantasy Play ESPN Fantasy Soccer  Pick your eight-man team and compete in the Champions League, Premier League, La Liga or Liga MX, then go head-to-head in leagues against your friends or people around the world. Sign up for free! How to play ESPN Fantasy Soccer  Your team will be made up of eight players, at four different positions: two forwards, three midfielders, two defenders, and a goalkeeper. Find out more here. - Newcomers to pick and avoid - Champions League names to know - La Liga names to know - Breaking down ESPN's scoring system   "I'm not surprised by his [Aguero's] level, it's the same as always," Scaloni told a news conference. "But I have not spoken to him. We want to try for the players that are coming now to give their all, the strikers that we have now have the possibility to prove that they can play for the national team." Scaloni spoke with Lionel Messi, who has taken a break from the national team after captaining the side to the round of 16 at the World Cup in Russia. However, the Barcelona superstar has not indicated when, or even if, he will play for his country again. "We only spoke about this call-up," Scaloni said. "We didn't speak about what can happen in the future. We spoke about the present and about how the team played because he always watched everything. We didn't discuss any other issue." One player from Argentina's World Cup squad that has returned to the squad is Aguero's teammate at City, Nicolas Otamendi. The 30-year-old centre-back was left out of Scaloni's first squad selection but is back with the Albiceleste. "We've called up Otamendi because we believe he is a valid player to be in the national team," Scaloni added. "We spoke with him and we explained to him what we wanted."

Similar Posts!

Salomón Rondón steals Everton’s thunder but Richarlison soon makes their point
Salomón Rondón steals Everton’s thunder but Richarlison soon makes their point

how to live healthy and longevity : https://goo.gl/3L1CLn how to learn super speed? https://goo.gl/cPZGKt FIFA's Secret 19: https://goo.gl/FfPqWF Premier League  Rafael Benítez said it was business as usual when asked for an update on the latest takeover talk at Newcastle United. The same applies to his ability to make life difficult for Everton and deliver a viable Premier League concern to whoever takes ownership of St James’ Park. Newcastle owner Mike Ashley looking at four bids in excess of £300m for club Read more  Newcastle departed with a valuable and well-earned point as they responded impressively to Saturday’s home defeat by West Ham, their only loss in six league games. It could have been three but for Jordan Pickford’s fine late save from Christian Atsu and a poor finish from the same player when clean through on goal in the 90th minute. Not that Benítez was complaining.  Everton had sought a release from the misery of Sunday’s freakish defeat in the Merseyside derby. Pickford’s intervention aside, it proved beyond them. Fatigue and a lack of finesse in attacking positions ensured the after-effects of Anfield lingered for Marco Silva’s team.  “We had chances to win it at the end,” the Newcastle manager said, “but they had won four home games in a row so to get a point in this stadium with the way things are going for us was a credit to our players. The application was fantastic. They have top-class players, players with World Cup and Euros experience coming from the bench, so our players have done a great job.”  Pickford received a rousing ovation from the crowd before kick-off – responding with an appreciative clenched-fist salute following his error at Liverpool – although the away section was predictably scathing in its reception for the born-and-bred Sunderland fan. The baiting intensified when the England No 1 was beaten from the first Newcastle attack of the game.  Ademola Lookman, making his first league start of the season, was dispossessed in the Newcastle half. His appeals for a foul were ignored by the referee as Jacob Murphy raced down the left before delivering a precise cross low along the face of Pickford’s goal. Kurt Zouma and Yerry Mina were unable to intercept and Salomón Rondón steered a powerful finish into the roof of the net at the back post. “It was a foul, possibly two, but that is not an excuse because we had to defend that situation better,” said Silva.  Everton, with André Gomes leading a composed display from central midfield, were not unduly disturbed by the setback. The left-wing partnership of Richarlison and Lucas Digne was potent and it engineered excellent chances for Gylfi Sigurdsson and the recalled Cenk Tosun before the interval. Sigurdsson was foiled by a superb block from Federico Fernández while Tosun volleyed straight at Martin Dubravka when picked out by another Digne cross. The home side had levelled at that stage and a 2-1 lead, seconds before the interval, could have change